Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Durango Diner Receives National Attention



We came across this article recently and posted it on our Twitter account, but thought it worthwhile to note in our blog this week. Every Day with Rachel Ray magazine featured the Durango Diner as one of the top 51 breakfast spots in the United States. We love celebrating Durango, and the nuances within our town.
The Durango Diner is one of those places that most of us have visited. In fact, we all probably have memories with our families or friends at the Diner. It’s on the same block of Main Street as the Wells Group, the perfect location for breakfast.
For my family (Don), I will never forget taking my oldest daughter, Kelly, out to breakfast when she was about 8 years old. The menu had “hot cakes” and she asked me if she could order them for breakfast. She was so excited that I said yes—until they came on the plate. As she looked at the plate of pancakes, her face was disappointed. It was then that she explained she thought she ordered hot chocolate cake for breakfast. That joke has stayed in our family for the last twenty years.
The food at the Diner is delicious, and the experience classic.
We are happy to see the Diner receive this national attention. I am looking forward to taking my family out for hot cakes when they visit town next.
Check out the article:  http://bit.ly/1drB88H

No comments: