Monday, January 6, 2014

New Year's Resolutions



I’m not typically one to focus on New Year’s resolutions—I tend to think that I should be initiating positive changes year-round if any changes need to occur. For those who know me, there’s the inevitable love of chocolate I am always fighting! Yet, that said, one of my goals for 2014 is to intentionally focus on noting some of the positive aspects of life and lifestyle in the Durango area. We are so blessed to live in one of the most beautiful areas of the country. As many of you know, I grew up in Cortez, attended Fort Lewis College, and then lived out of state for several years. We chose to move back to Durango for the hiking, camping, boating, skiing, and other outdoor activities, as well as the small town lifestyle Durango offers. I wanted to raise my family in a place where they could appreciate nature and God’s creation.
One of the activities this area allows in January is excellent cross country skiing and snow shoeing. Years ago we could cross country ski on the streets of the neighborhood. Even with the warmer days of this winter, the Andrews lake area provides great expanses to explore on snow shoe or ski. The beautiful views and varying levels of skill needed make it a perfect location to explore for beginners or experts. I recently spent an afternoon out there, and enjoyed the fact that it is only a 30 minute drive from town! The easy-access parking makes it the perfect destination for a day trip. I am so grateful to have access to such beauty and the ability to enjoy it. I hope you are able to take advantage of some of Durango’s winter activities.

Don Ricedorff, Broker Associate, GRI, CRS, CCIM, ABR, RSPS, CDPE
Direct:  970-375-7014
Fax:  970-259-5007

No comments: